JUICING – what to do with the Pulp?
There’s no reason to waste any of the pulp from your Juice. Here’s a few creative ways to use it!
- Compost it. Juice pulp makes the perfect compost for your garden or household plants! Make a compost pile in your garden then as each layer dries out, add the new pulp on top and repeat this process. By the time planting season arrives, you will have your own homemade organic compost patch!
- Freeze it. Freeze the pulp in batches of 1/2 cup to 1 cup or more then add it to your soups as a healthy fibre boost. The best types of pulp for soups are veggie pulp like carrot, celery, spinach (and other greens), beets and zucchini.
- Add it to your Pasta Sauce and lasagne. Pulp is a great addition to your favourite pasta sauce. It will thicken up a regular tomato sauce and add a healthy boost of fibre.
- Add it to your Baking. Add 1/2 cup to your delicious baking recipes. Since the pulp is very mild in taste it adds perfect moisture to muffins, banana bread etc. The best pulp for this would be cucumber, carrot, apple and any other fruity pulp.
- Add it to your smoothies and blends. Add 1/4 cup to your regular smoothie/blend recipe for an extra fibre boost. If the drink becomes too think, simply add some extra filtered water or coconut water. The mild taste of the pulp with blend in perfectly with your smoothie/blend recipe.
There doesn’t have to be any wastage when you are juicing! Try some of these tips on what to do with the pulp and be sure to let me know how it goes! 💚